Thursday, October 12, 2006

Seedpods

Every 9 days, a new "Scavenger Hunt" begins on WetCanvas. One of the participants of the Artwork from Life/Scavenger Hunt forum submits a list of approximately 26 items and up to 3 challenges. The members then post their sketches.

For this hunt, I chose to sketch the items in watercolor with ink accents. I use a Winsor Newton sketchbox, Winsor Newton Cotman brushes, Micron pens and Holbein Multi-Drawing Book/OF (approx 5.25" x 7.25"). The first item on the list for October 8 - 16, 2006 was: Seedpod (cone, acorn etc.) I looked through my Mom's collection of nature items and came up with these interesting items to sketch.


The acorn is from a Burr Oak. I do not know the type of cone or seedpod though my Mom believes she found them in California.

No comments: